A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can alter a person's cognitive abilities, personality, mood, memory, attention span, balance and a host of other factors. While on the surface, a person may appear to be "normal", in fact, everything has changed. So often, in a traumatic brain injury the damage experienced by the patient is life altering and yet many of the standardized tests utilized by the medical profession do not fully reveal the nature and extent of the significance of the damage sustained. An attorney who undertakes to handle a case involving a TBI must be intimately familiar with all of the medical testing and protocol involved in treating traumatic brain injuries so as to be certain that the presentation of these critical components of the case are not overlooked and are presented so as to thoroughly reflect the severity of the injury.
In the aftermath of a loved one's brain injury, it is critical that your family is able to obtain the resources necessary to give your loved one the care he or she needs. The lawyer you select to represent your loved one is a crucial decision, and a decision that can impact the ultimate result of your case.
For over 30 years, lawyers at Ringler Law Corporation have represented seriously injured people across Southern California and beyond. For more than three decades, attorney Jerome Ringler has successfully represented individuals who have suffered catastrophic injuries due to another's negligence.
Providing Dynamic, Strategic Advocacy
A traumatic brain injury is indeed a complex medical matter, as well as a complex legal matter. Few law firms in California, or anywhere for that matter, can match Ringler Law Corporation's record of success in complex litigation. At the outset of any case, the lawyers at Ringler Law Corporation will work diligently to prepare the case for trial. Preparing a case for trial means that experts must be utilized in a broad range of fields, including medical specialists, accident reconstructionists, economists, jury consultants and others. The past success at Ringler Law Corporation reflects its proven ability to allocate substantial resources as necessary and to perform all detailed and highly sophisticated legal work to achieve unparalleled results for its clients.
The following cases constitute examples of Ringler Law Corporation's success in representing those who have suffered catastrophic injury, including those who have suffered severe brain and head injuries.
- $30 million verdict for the parents of an infant who suffered damage due to hospital negligence.
- $18 million recovered against a commuter rail service for victims who were injured and lost loved ones in a railroad disaster caused by negligent commuter line train operations.
- $13 million recovered against a commuter rail service for victims who were injured and lost loved ones in a railroad disaster caused by a deranged felon who left a Jeep on the tracks and was later convicted of eleven counts of first-degree murder and one count of arson.
- $12 million verdict for a paraparetic victim of a truck vs. train collision where there were no lost wages and the plaintiff could walk with the assistance of a walker.
- $12 million recovered in a products liability action for the wrongful death of middle-aged spouses due to defective recreational vehicle design.
- $10 million verdict for an injured construction worker who fractured his hip due to the negligence of a general contractor.
- $10 million recovered in a products liability action for the wrongful death of a spouse due to defective tire design.
- $8.9 million verdict for a commuter train passenger who suffered facial fractures and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) due to a collision caused by the negligence of another railroad.
- $7.5 million verdict for an injured motorist who suffered brain damage and could not recall the accident, and where all witnesses ascribed fault to him.
- $6.8 million for a construction worker who suffered a spinal cord injury due to the negligence of a general contractor.
- $6.75 million verdict for a commuter train passenger who suffered a closed head injury resulting in PTSD, cognitive impairment and personality changes due to the negligence of a railroad.
- $4.5 million recovered for a switchman who lost his leg below the knee due to the negligence of the railroad.
- $4.1 million for the wrongful death of a spouse due to the negligence of a ship owner.
- $4 million recovered in a products liability action for an individual who suffered brain damage due to defective automotive vehicle design.
- $3.5 million for wrongful death of a middle-aged man killed in a traffic accident.
- $3.5 million for an unemployed 60-year-old man who lost an arm due to the negligence of a trucking company in loading a semi-trailer.
- $3.1 million recovered in a products liability action for an individual who suffered two fractured vertebrae due to defective railroad grain car design.
- $3 million recovered for a victim of an unwitnessed slip and fall accident in a supermarket where the plaintiff suffered a brain injury.
- $2.9 million for a railroad switchman who suffered a knee injury due to the negligence of the railroad.
- $2.9 million for a young female pedestrian who suffered a closed head injury when struck by a defendant's vehicle.
- $2.8 million for a railroad engineer who suffered a shoulder and foot injury due to the negligence of a construction company.
- $2.5 million for a railroad switchman who suffered a back injury due to the negligence of the railroad.
- $2.5 million for a minor child who suffered brain damage due to hospital negligence.
Contact Ringler Law Corporation
To schedule a consultation with a lawyer, call Ringler Law Corporation's office directly at 805-719-4903 or e-mail. From Santa Monica, Ringler Law Corporation represents individuals across the Los Angeles area and beyond.