It is easy to take one's ability to move freely for granted. This is so until such time as this ability is taken from us. People who suffer spinal cord injuries must contend with lifelong total or partial paralysis. Although there have been numerous medical advances in the treatment of spinal cord injuries, the fact remains that any person who sustains a spinal cord injury will experience a profound loss. The loss of movement and sensation will change a person's life in countless ways. If you have suffered a spinal cord injury, it is critical to work with a law firm that can take effective and decisive legal action so as to protect you and effectively prosecute your claim for damages.
For more than 30 years, attorney Jerome Ringler of Ringler Law Corporation has provided skilled, dynamic representation to individuals across Southern California who have suffered life-altering injuries. From Santa Monica, Ringler Law Corporation represents people across the Los Angeles area and beyond.
Helping People Recover Their Full Measure of Damages After a Paralysis Injury
The physical problems associated with quadriplegia, paraplegia or hemiplegia are well known. Perhaps less well known are the financial issues. Simply stated, it can potentially cost many millions of dollars to provide lifelong care for a person who has been paralyzed. Medical expenses, as well as the costs of refurbishing a home and vehicle, can be staggering. In addition, working may not be a realistic option for a person who has been paralyzed. At Ringler Law Corporation, our team of lawyers will work tirelessly to compile and account for all of your damages associated with your injury.
Whether your case is eventually resolved in litigation or through settlement negotiations, you can take heart knowing that you will be working with one of the premier trial attorneys in Southern California as well as the United States. The following cases constitute examples of Ringler Law Corporation's success in representing those who have suffered catastrophic injury including injuries involving paralysis.
- $30 million verdict for the parents of an infant who suffered damage due to hospital negligence.
- $18 million recovered against a commuter rail service for victims who were injured and lost loved ones in a railroad disaster caused by negligent commuter line train operations.
- $13 million recovered against a commuter rail service for victims who were injured and lost loved ones in a railroad disaster caused by a deranged felon who left a Jeep on the tracks and was later convicted of eleven counts of first-degree murder and one count of arson.
- $12 million verdict for a paraparetic victim of a truck vs. train collision where there were no lost wages and the plaintiff could walk with the assistance of a walker.
- $10 million verdict for an injured construction worker who fractured his hip due to the negligence of a general contractor.
- $10 million recovered in a products liability action for the wrongful death of a spouse due to defective tire design.
- $8.9 million verdict for a commuter train passenger who suffered facial fractures and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) due to a collision caused by the negligence of another railroad.
- $7.5 million verdict for an injured motorist who suffered brain damage and could not recall the accident, and where all witnesses ascribed fault to him.
- $6.8 million for a construction worker who suffered a spinal cord injury due to the negligence of a general contractor.
- $6.75 million verdict for a commuter train passenger who suffered a closed head injury resulting in PTSD, cognitive impairment and personality changes due to the negligence of a railroad.
- $4.5 million recovered for a switchman who lost his leg below the knee due to the negligence of the railroad.
- $4.1 million for the wrongful death of a spouse due to the negligence of a ship owner.
- $4 million recovered in a products liability action for an individual who suffered brain damage due to defective automotive vehicle design.
- $3.5 million for wrongful death of a middle-aged man killed in a traffic accident.
- $3.5 million for an unemployed 60-year-old man who lost an arm due to the negligence of a trucking company in loading a semi-trailer.
- $3.1 million recovered in a products liability action for an individual who suffered two fractured vertebrae due to defective railroad grain car design.
- $3 million recovered for a victim of an unwitnessed slip and fall accident in a supermarket where the plaintiff suffered a brain injury.
- $2.9 million for a railroad switchman who suffered a knee injury due to the negligence of the railroad.
- $2.9 million for a young female pedestrian who suffered a closed head injury when struck by a defendant's vehicle.
- $2.8 million for a railroad engineer who suffered a shoulder and foot injury due to the negligence of a construction company.
- $2.5 million for a railroad switchman who suffered a back injury due to the negligence of the railroad.
- $2.5 million for a minor child who suffered brain damage due to hospital negligence.
Contact Ringler Law Corporation
To discuss your case with an attorney, complete the online contact form or call the office directly at 805-719-4903. From Santa Monica, Ringler Law Corporation represents clients across California and the United States.